The Frontline for Medical Emergencies.
Are you calm under pressure? Can you react quickly during a medical emergency, providing expert advice that can often save lives? Be a voice of knowledge for those in an emergency. Be an EMS Dispatcher.
The primary role and responsibility of the EMS Communications—Telecommunications is to possess the ability to promptly answer and process all incoming calls by obtaining pertinent and accurate information assuring that proper notification of all responding agencies including police and fire are processed by entering the information into the computer aided dispatch system efficiently.
- 18 years of age
- US Citizen
- Accredited Senior High School Graduate or GED equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Proficient typing skills
- Ability to multi task
- Document well with minimal errors
- Geographic knowledge of Jefferson Parish with the ability to assist with direction/mapping
- Communication skills including verbal and written comprehension with proficiency in reading, writing and spelling
- CPR Certification/provide pre-arrival instruction
- Medical Terminology—beneficial
- Handle stressful situations maintaining a professional demeanor
- Competent in recalling and interpretation of details
- Working knowledge of responsibility and roles of Police-Fire-EMS
- Physical dexterity – typing
- Ability to sit for extended period of time
- Clear vision
- Hearing-comprehend well
- Speak in a clear concise manner
- Prior EMS /EMT experience—beneficial